Saturday 12 April 2008

From Ian Knox





Peter, hugely flattered by the attention you give me on your website. If there's anything
I can get you let me know.

http://uk.geocities.com/pjgianknox/


Unfortunately I.P.C. were not handing back original artwork at the time I left, so I can't pass any of it on to you.

I have stacks of stuff about the local political scene lying around me here but I doubt it would interest you. You can see the kind of stuff I'm producing now on the Irish News website or my weekly T.V. spot on BBC N.Ireland "Hearts and Minds" website.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/heartsandminds/ianknox.shtml

See Ian's political cartoons here...lots to see...I just love his over the top length and stretch of characters he draws.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/heartsandminds/ifyouaskme.shtml

I had a very pleasant evening last week with Davy Francis who drew for I.P.C. ,John McCrae who draws the odd Spiderman and Will Simpson who has drawn Batman and Judge Dredd in his time.

I remember when I was living in north London I was the only artist who regularly delivered artwork by hand. I was frequently late and tried to skulk in and out without Bob Paynter seeing me. At that time Alf Saporito sat at his drawing board in a cramped corner of the entrance lobby.

I qualified as an architect at Heriot Watt university, Edinburgh in 1969 and worked for Richard Seifert when I first came to London. There wasn't enough drawing involved so I called into the Dog & Duck, Frith St. one lunch hour and managed to persuade some of the animators to give me a job.

Must turn my head to matters political, good luck with your sites,

Ian Knox.


Thanks Ian for the background info on yourself and the encouragement.
Peter Gray



No comments: