Thursday 27 April 2017

Tribute to my favourite comic artist Leo Baxendale.1930 - 2017


I discovered Leo Baxendale's comic work in The Best of Beezer and his amazing Banana Bunch poster pages which is my favourite of all his work. I in 1988 onwards had a go myself with the Giggle Gang which were great fun to draw and Leo must of got a lot of pleasure drawing them too.
I would love a poster book to come out of his work...or they could make great jigsaws. 







 From Willy the kid book 2.

 




































https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3HC2dNahs

This shows Leo Baxendale holding the Monster Fun comic of mine talking about Badtime Bedtime Stories. I wish I'd put a piece of paper inside please Leo sign it. :)

How on earth drew these detailed pages and with good perspective..balance..and just like Giles there is always an extra detail you miss the first time.

Hope a Poster book or a Big book on Leo Baxendale will come out. Rebellion own the 70's comics so they've got Sweeny Toddler..The champ..Clever Dick for a future book idea...or Badtime Bedtime stories would be perfect!

Thanks Leo for your amazing inspirational comic work. God bless the family and friends..at this time.
May future generations discover Leo's work...even world-wide!

A giant in UK comics.

http://lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/leo-baxendale-1930-2017.html

from Joe Gordon:

from John Freeman:

from Nigel Parkinson:





1 comment:

Cyclopunk said...

Ah, Willy the Kid brings back memories! I got #2 from a charity shop when I was about eight and adored it (not realising at that time that he'd also created my favourite characters in The Beano - it then took me ten years to track down a copy of #1, finding old books being much harder in those pre-Internet days!